The Karnak king list was located in the southwest corner of the Festival Hall (Akh-Menu Hall). Composed during the reign of Tuthmosis III, it listed sixty-one kings beginning with Sneferu from IV Dynasty. Only the names of thirty-nine kings are still legible, and one is not written in a cartouche. It is not a complete list of the Egyptian Pharaohs, as other kings are known from other ancient lists, but this list is valuable as it contains the names of kings of the First and Second Intermediate periods, which are omitted in most other king lists. It was first described by James Burton in 1825 and French adventurer Emile Prisse dismantled and "stole" the blocks containing the king list at night in 1843. At the same time, a German expedition led by egyptologist Karl Richard Lepsius was making its way up the Nile to Karnak. In order to secure it for France, Prisse made quick work of dismantling it and sending it back home. Severely damaged, it is now on display at the Louvre Museum.